1. Hababik: Size of the fruit is small (kernel size) having a circular shape.
2. Kamry: Size is bigger (as size of an olive) having green color.
3. Baser: The fruit reaches it's final size and the color is changed to yellow or red according to species.
4. Rutub: It is the stage at which the Baser red and yellow fruit is converted to black or deep brown color.
5. Tamer: The final stage of growth, the fruit is ripened.
Dates are mentioned several times in the Holy Quran as one of the bounties of ALLAH to man-kind.
Modern science has proved that dates are part of a healthy diet. They contain sugar, fat and proteins, as well as important vitamins. Dates are also rich in natural fibres. Modern medicine has shown that they are effective in preventing abdominal cancer. Dates and date palms have been mentioned in the Holy Qur'an 20 times, thus showing their importance. The Prophet (PBUH) likened a good Muslim to the date palm, saying, "Among trees, there is a tree like a Muslim. Its leaves do not fall." Sayyidah Mariam (the Virgin Mary) mother of Jesus (PBUH) had dates as her food when she felt labour pains and during confinement. Modern science has also proved the effectiveness of date, in preventing diseases of the respiratory system. Dates are rich in several vitamins and minerals. Dates are also rich in calcium, they help strengthen the bones. Dates are also important in keeping up the health of eyes. It is quite effective in guarding against night-blindness.
Naboot Seif dates
Sukhal Red & Yellow dates
Umel Kubar dates
Dates are high in fiber and contains a number of vitamins and minerals.
Dates are ideal snack for children as well as adults.
Dates are the perfect natural snack.
Dates are high in Potassium.
They have 2.5 times the amount of potassium in Bananas.
Dates can protect against the build up of Cholesterol.
Dates contain no Sodium.
Dates are delicious and sweet. They can be taken as it is or stuffed with nuts.